The Cyberport University Partnership Programme (CUPP) is a life-changing experience to unleash participants’ full potential and gain insights into the global market! This financial technology (FinTech) focused entrepreneurship programme offers students who are nominated by CUPP university partners a unique chance to participate in an Online Entrepreneurship Boot Camp and receive mentorship from industry elites.
Entrepreneurs are often innovative individuals who are driven to solving problems, providing mind-provoking methods and smarter ways to achieve goals. With more digital young tech innovators, who are determined and full of energy to bring Hong Kong to another peak, and Hong Kong being a global financial centre, FinTech is an advantageous playing field for our youngsters to leap on.
The Programme gives you:
- Online Entrepreneurship Boot Camp by prestigious overseas university
- Mentorship and insight from FinTech industry elite
- Pitch your FinTech business idea to investors
- HK$100,000 grant by Cyberport Creative Micro Fund
CUPP 2021-222 Programme Timeline
- CUPP teams would be expected to build FinTech projects with components in AI, Blockchain and Cybersecurity.
- Applicants must be nominated by CUPP co-organising university partners (i.e. CityU, HKBU, LingU, CUHK, PolyU, HKUST, OpenU, HKU).
- Applicants must be between 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) upon the application deadline (i.e. 4 August 2021).
- Applicants must be undergraduate or postgraduate students from the CUPP co-organising university partners, either currently enrolled university students or graduated within 3 years from the co-organising universities.
- Applicants must have a good command of English.
- CUPP team member could be a mixture of students from the CUPP co-organising universities.
- Each CUPP team could have up to 5 team members with below combination:
> 1 team leader (i.e. principal applicant) must be a Hong Kong ID Card holder;
> Up to 2 core team members with technical/UIUX/FinTech knowledge are highly preferred; and they could join the Online Entrepreneurship Boot Camp;
> Up to 2 supporting team members playing supporting role in the team and they would not join the Online Entrepreneurship Boot Camp; and
> Only 3 members in each team could join the Online Entrepreneurship Boot Camp overseas.
Project Management Team (30%)
The capability of the project management team is evaluated according to track record, execution ability, probability of launch, individual qualifications and roles within the team.
Business Model and Time to Market (30%)
The business model is evaluated by the short and long term objectives, apparent market need, target market and marketing strategy, and realistic assessment of the project viability. Projects that launch within three months of grant disbursement are preferred.
Creativity and Innovation of the Proposed Project, Product and Service (30%)
Innovative technology, creative solutions, disruptive ideas, emerging technology and breakthrough problem-solving will score higher.
Social Responsibility (10%)
Preference will be given to projects with socially responsible dimensions, such as open source software, creative commons IP, ethical decision making, or which contribute to solving social problems.
Winning teams will receive HK$100,000 grant of Cyberport Creative Micro Fund (CCMF).
CUPP 2020-21 Supporting Organisations
CUPP 2016-19 Co-organising Universities
CUPP 2015-17 Entrepreneurship Boot Camp Partner
CUPP 2015 Co-organising Universities
Hong Kong Cyberport Management Company Limited